Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Finally..! Football is here!

Maybe it's just me, but it seems as the years go by, the local media coverage on Prep Sports has diminished to where it has become close to nothing.. I remember when I was in High School here in Poky, and all three news stations (KPVI, KIFI, & KIDK) and the Idaho State Journal were at practice everyday leading up to the annual Black & Blue Bowl between Poky & Highland. Not only that, the stories done by the news were informative, provided stats, and analyzed match-ups. You can't find that anymore.                                            
 So here I am, trying to re-introduce that a little bit. My main focus will be the 4A and 5A schools from East Idaho, but won't be limited to those schools. I'll try to cover other intriguing match-ups, but my focus due to personal interest will be mainly the bigger schools. Last year, I became so irritated by the lack of coverage and such a weak job done covering the Poky High Schools during the football and basketball seasons, that I decided to create a Blog. I don't want this to sound like I am bitter or have an axe to grind with any one entity in the media, in fact, I know many news stations and newspapers have had budget cuts and lack of funding, so the coverage falls off. Please bear with me, in that this is my first time taking something like this on, so it will be a work in progress and hopefully become better as time goes on and gives people something that many feel has been lacking in E. Idaho for some time.. I appreciate constructive criticism and would encourage anyone to leave comments and feedback, hoping that this can become an interactive site that is enjoyable for people looking for something new in E. Idaho. Over the next 10 days leading up to Zero Week (Aug. 26) I'll be featuring a few 4A and 5A teams each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments and opinions are welcome, and will be reviewed before posted. Therefore, keep it classy..